Thursday, April 20, 2006

Update

I know I have not posted shit in like forever. Been busy playing army with my virtual friends at the 28th ID and life takes over and unlike the Spouse I am not really much of a writer.
Regardless this is what has been happening.
Dylan's show, Mon Couer, has been submitted to the Chicago Young Filmmakers festival but I have not heard if it has been accepted yet. Not likely due to some copyright music I used but it was fun to do.
Lorrainskya is submitted into the Seattle True Independant Film Festival and they turn nothing down and every thing wins an award. It's called a STIFFY. giggle We also submitted Chioante.
I did a tribute to our parish priest with our neighbor that turned out pretty good. a few wet eyes at a screening but the problem is that they were going to show it to a large crowd while all were in Italy last month. but at the screening the audio would not function. Some putz screened it anyway. I was left unreasonably pissed off.

3 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Lorraine said...

Lorrinskia asked that I submit the following message to you:

I am to be believing that you submitted film of Czarina without the obtaining of proper permissions in the first place? I am very displeased and will be ordering someone to hit you across face very hard with the Imperial Smacking Tiara.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Grish said...

Ouch, theres no pain like the dull pain of an Imperial Smacking Tiara.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Eric said...

Actually the film was rejected, REJECTED by the STIFFY committee
They also rejected Chaionte.
here is the contents of the letter
Dear Film Maker,



We regret to inform you that your film has not been selected as part of the 2006 STIFF lineup. As a film maker myself, this is the hardest part of my job as the program director. I want to personally thank you for giving me the opportunity to view your film. I personally watched each film that was submit to us, and the competition this year was very tough. We wish you the best of luck in your festival screenings and distribution, as well as hope that you consider submitting to us again in the years to come. We are still growing as a festival, and each year should have more venues, and perhaps, longer than just one weekend to screen films which would allow us to screen many more films than what we are restricted to this year.&nb sp; Again, thank you for submitting and considering us as a venue to screen your work, we hope to see you in the future.



Thank you,



Kevin Gilbert

STIFF, Program Director
**** You ass wipe {My comments}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home