Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Costs



Well I got a dose of reality this morning regarding the Argument. I really want to create a show that is worthy of sending to Sundance. I know that I could shoot it with the available stuff 2 open face lights and a small lowell kit, but the inner Gaffer in me really wants fresnels. There is an indie light / grip company here that will provide me with a pretty decent package lights and grip for 700 bucks for the day. not bad but I still need to find the 700 bucks. My original thinking was somewhere around 2 k for production to cover all this stuff and it does fall into line with that. I will likely need to rent a truck to haul it around in also. If I can come up with the duckets I will be very happy. I even asked our parish priest if the Seattle Archdiocese has an arts grant program. Not likely but its worth a shot. I will also start looking at other grants for $$. the spouse made it very clear that I was in no uncertain terms to run up a credit card balance on this. I am forced to agree.

2 Comments:

At 4:46 AM, Blogger Grish said...

I wanna see pictures when you get that far. Some behind the scenes footage. :)

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Morris said...

what is a ducket?
700 bucks for a day with lights, Man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home