Friday, June 16, 2006

Still Looking


Last night was our parish's annual Ministries dinner. Basically a feed put on by the parish staff to thank all the volunteers for providing time and talent to the various ministries. I drive a van once a month bringing elderly to mass on Sundays. Been doing so for over 10 years now. It is fun and they get us buzzed on wine that is much better then the comunion wine. In years past the food was provided by local restaurant icon Victor Roselinni. Sadly he passed a couple of years ago. But last night the feed was provided by the owners of Salumie who happen to be Iron Chef Mario Batalli's folks. It was delicious. Anyway I had sent a message to Fr. Ryan our priest asking if the Archdiocese had any sort of arts grant program that I could apply to for 'The Argument'. I never heard back from him. So last night I asked him if he had received my email and he said, "Sure, did you not get my reply?" Long story short, there are no grants but he did read the script and he liked it. Which made me feel good.
Still that leaves me with a financing conundrum that must be overcome before I can really ask much more from those involved. My next step will be to apply for local and national grants. I could get by with 2500 but I would like to pay my talent and stipend any crew and get a decent grip and lighting package. So that is the road I shall go down now.

3 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Morris said...

Paying, wow your nice. Also dig the picture of H.U.G. did a report on him.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Grish said...

Nice of you to drive the elderly to mass. I know they appreciate it.

I don't know anything about grants really but I do remember once hearing about someone getting one to test alternate fuels nearby, not really helpful but interesting...:)

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Iwanski said...

You are my brother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home