Monday, July 03, 2006

A Busman's Holiday


We never really planned a vaction this year but I still get burnt out on the job. So last spring I saw a posting on an Indie Film board asking for crew volunteers on a short, Fortune Hunters, being shot in July. I signed up and once the schedule was finalized I got some vacation days scheduled.
The was a preproduciton meeting last Saturday were we got together. It is a neat sounding show. The Plot essentially is that a Youg man upon graduation decides to breakup with his girlfriend. Afterword he regrets his decision and writes her a love letter asking to reconcile and for her to meet him at an appointed time at a local night club. Here is the twist, he works at his father's (Gedde "Long Duk Dong" Watanabi) fortune cookie factory. The love letter gets cut up into fortunes and distributed around to various lonely hearts enjoying their Kung Pao or General Tso's Chicken. They start looking for the companion strips of paper and all wind up at the night club on the appointed night. Like I said it is a sweet story and actually kind of original.
My role will be to dust off my Grip/Electric skilz and hang lights. That will be fun.

2 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I'm now visualizing just how dangerous that might be if they got a hold of some of my letters... I shiver at the thought... But sounds like a cool gig.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Grish said...

this actually sounds kinda cool. Hope you have fun at it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home