Saturday, August 04, 2007

License and Registration Please

So here is the deal. Dancing in the Moonlight is titled after the song that Came out in 70s. It is the song that is posted on my right sidebar. It was the inspiration to the show. I pictured the song starting after the last line as the girls go out and Dance in Triumph.
But...I need to get permission from the publishers to do so legally. I could just use it I suppose but my hopes are to submit the film to festivals and they are pretty persnickaty about having all the Ts crossed and Is dotted. So after doing some Wicky research I found the label which was bought by UMI. I went to their site and found the links to publishers BMG and ASCAP and submitted requests for gratis cover license to the song.
If denied or costs too much I will have to come up with something else but, Hey I tried.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Iwanski said...

Waiting to hear the results....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home