Sunday, October 14, 2007

Here are some more pictures

I have finished editing to the point where the film is assembled and now I am working on fixing up the ugly cuts.
There was one in particular that was really bugging me. It is a scene where Emily is instructing Lucy to clean her room and then come help in the kitchen. The problem was that I messed up in the shooting. My master was fine but the medium and closeup shots, I did not have the actors enter and leave the frame as they did in the actual action in the master. This was bad since the only cut I have to get out of the scene was a jump cut and that is ugly. I was talking to Lorraine about this in general and she said "You dont have to use every shot". Then last night in a moment of clarity I realised the solution. She was right but did not take it far enough. It occured to me that that scene in particular does nothing to move the story forward. I can cut it altogether and the issue goes away.

Any way here are some frame captures from the show.


Lucy Digs for the lost letter


Lucy Scores


Lucy is lost in her issues


OH SNAP!!!!


Emily is a Snob


Emily is a Scullery Maid


The Gypsy Assault


Score 1 for the Gypsies


Dancing to Fearless

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger Hapamama said...

Mr. Ling and I think this is beefin!

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I. CANNOT. WAIT. TO. SEE. THIS.

I didn't realize how big the role of Lucy was. That girl worked hard.

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Golly it's just bringing back so many wonderful memories. It was so much fun!

Also, the word verification for this comment is:
THARGAK

Which, for some reason, I thought you might appreciate.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Iwanski said...

Anticipation.....

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Eric said...

HM-It took me a moment to figureout who you were. yes it has been beefin so long that now it is jerkin
JP-Yes she is the main character. this means she is in like EVERY scene.
Hat-Glad you had fun. Thargak sounds like a Klingon gland. Or what the dog said last night as he let slip an entire sausage from his maw while standing on the bed. Whole I might add.
John-I will be sending the rought to buck sometime this week so you will get a chance to see the progress so far. did you see the disk I sent last week?

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Lorraine said...

Too bad you couldn't get Kelly Bishop to play the snob mom.

Those gypsies are tight. 'Specially the really cute one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home