Monday, June 22, 2009

So I was bored

And was checking who is looking at my blog, in particular who is actually reading and what are they reading. See I only get about 3 hits a day since I am not particularly interesting like say Lorraine. Regardless I saw someone took some time to read my bloc this morning and I saw they were linked to me from Site Meter who manages my traffic data. That spiked my curiosity so I looked a bit further and saw it was from a company in Beverly Hills. Ok so there is a company in BH that googled lighting or some such and found my site and read a bit...no wait it was not a google referal it was from site meter. Stranger still. So I looke a bit closer and I see that the company is Headquarter Entertainment. So I do the natural thing and google Headquarter Entertainment. Turns out it is the multimedia empire of an actor named Tyrese Gibson. He is in among other things the new and previous Transformer movies. Plays an airforce Sgt. Have not seen the first but likely will cause the new one looks really cool. As much as I hate to say it, Michael Bay does eye candy well.
So then I start thinking why the hell would someone from this company track back to my blog from Site Meter. That means I would have to have linked to something on my page.....w a i t a m i n u t e. I added some links to my blog last week. And I went over to one called Don't Forget to Validate Your Parking. A minimalist sort of comic by a screen writer in LA named Michael Le. It is basicaly about the incredulous conversations he has with various industry types on the phone. check it out I think it is very amusing. So I go the link and start reading some of the stuff he has had there for a couple of weeks in the side bar. Sort of what I am up to. this included some photos of him and the coauthors of a comic they are doing called Mayhem that they are releasing. Also involved is one Tyrese Gibson.
so there we have it. Mystery solved. Some one at Mr Gibson's company was looking at the hit tracker on Michael's site for marketing information. They see my little blog and come over to check it out.
How nice is that. Hi leave a comment next time.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger sageweb said...

Now you will have a hit from the Boeing company from somebody that shoud be working but instead is reading your blog.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Random Thinker said...

Your blog pimping scheme worked. BTW, thanks for the Wil Wheaton link.... lost it during my last computer crash and was too lazy to refind it.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Anne said...

You got a hit from the census bureau now, too.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Bad Alice said...

This sounds like some of my attempts to track the source of visits. I'm still not sure why someone in England spent over 24 hours on my blog. Must've left the page up and forgotten it. Lots of transients show up and leave without so much as a glance.

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there -- thanks for mentioning my webcomic DON'T FORGET TO VALIDATE YOUR PARKING on your blog! I am humbled and honored. -Mike Le

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Eric said...

Hey Mike, thanks for stopping by. I really like the comic and have been reading it for quite some time now. Good luck with Mayhem and bring it on up to Emerald City Comicon next year.
Eric

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

Hi Eric

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger rosemary said...

pimped from Lorraine's.....from Idaho....but the site thingy might show Spokane.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Sling said...

..I was told there would be an open bar.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Eric said...

Hey all thanks for stopping by
Sage they call it the Lazy B for a reason
Random I would imaging if you googled Wil wheaton you would find it too but glad to help
Anne I visit on occaision
Alice - LOL
Nicole - Bon Jour when you coming to Seattle sweety?
Rose Howdy
Sling Here I got a beer for you

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Really? That's nice to know. Thanks. My comment count is way down so I don't know who visits.

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Armil @ Long Beach Electrical Work said...

Hmmm. I think the main site has a high pr. This will attract some seo experts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home